5.3

2014 Jeep Wrangler accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Wrangler:

2014 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Apr 162016

Wrangler

The adhesive layer between the two layers of glass on the front windshield has numerous crystals that refract the light. This is interfering with visibility during low light situations, illumination by headlights, or with low angle light from multiple sources including sunrise and sunset.

- Holly Springs, NC, USA

Sep 142016

Wrangler

Clock spring broken with no pertinent damage to vehicle or pertinent events, woke up one morning and the entire steeling column didn't work electrically.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Mar 242014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

I am requesting that dot NHTSA investigate the stress fracture to my front windshield which suddenly occurred in late February of 2015. The Jeep was parked in my mother's driveway in New Jersey for approximately 3 weeks due to the birth of my baby and inclement weather. During that period a great deal of ice and snow accumulated. Eventually I started the vehicle, and started clearing the car. I noticed a crack in the window on the passenger side running from the bottom toward the top, approximately 4"-5" long that had not been there before. After 15 minutes the crack spread to 6" across and then back down the windshield to the point where it partly blocked the front windshield. The window feels perfectly smooth, both inside and outside the car. It clearly formed inside the window. I took the Jeep to the local dealer who said it was a stress fracture probably due to freezing conditions along with the heat from the defroster. The individual I spoke with conceded it was in all probability a manufacturing defect since he had heard of "a lot of other cases like mine" but would not be quoted on that. He contacted Chrysler who refused to cover the windshield damage because although I only had the vehicle for seven months, the mileage was over 12,000. I have continued to investigate incidences of stress fracture damage to front windshields in the Jeep and have collected a significant amount of data through numerous complaint blogs that supports the fact that either the Jeep windshields themselves are defective or some problem with the vehicle design itself makes it possible for considerable heat to be trapped between the windshield and dashboard to the point where stress causes the window to crack. Rather than address the issue, Chrysler is instead forcing owners to go through their private insurance for repairs. Please formally investigate."

- Murrells Inlet , SC, USA

Jan 032015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

During a snow event on Jan 3, 2015, my windshield wipers stopped working all together (it was snowing and about 36 degrees). I could hear a click coming from below the fuse box, but they were not working so I had no visibility and had to pull over. I pulled the fuse from the block think maybe it somehow became loose and replaced (with the same) and the wipers started working again. I continued on with my day. On Jan. 6, during another snow event, the same thing happened as I pulled out of a 40 degree garage. This time I could not get them to start working so I needed to have it towed to a garage. This is still under warranty, and so far the evaluation has been that the wipers are now working, but there is a code displayed that the wipers had a fault, but they don't know what to replace. I sure hope this doesn't happen when I'm on a highway going 65 mph next to a truck throwing up road salt onto my windshield.

- Millington, NJ, USA