2015 Jeep Wrangler fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Wrangler:

2015 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Oct 092015

2015 Jeep Wrangler only had 10,000 miles caught on fire and burned total loss just pulled into driveway at residence

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jul 012015

Driving on a four lane highway around 2pm. I had been driving for a solid hour on the same highway when my Jeep suddenly accelerated. The gas pedal proceeded to the floor even while I tapped and pressed pumping my brakes. I recall an initial odd feeling underfoot prior to the climbing acceleration. I felt the pedal pull away directly after I felt a vibration underfoot. I was not using cruise control nor was it engaged. The engine was cycling loudly and the RPM gauge was climbing in the red, I had no car mat in place because I spilled a protein shake a week earlier and it still smelled. I still checked visually to see if something somehow was obstructing the pedal. I had my hands on the top of the wheel per usual comfort spots. I was like, wait...what the hell is happening?? I had to press as hard as I could on the brakes while pulling the emergency brake up slowly to bring the open throttled car to a stop. I noticed just before turning off the car a red lightning bolt appeared on the dashboard. My new car was 4 weeks new to our family. I am an experienced driver who owned Jeep before in 1989. The gas pedal was so tightly pressed into the floor I could not get the tip of my shoe under to pull it up. I was taken for a death ride for 10 minutes. The car smelled like burning motor! if there was traffic this day I cannot think of the repercussions.

- Medway, MA, USA

Feb 072015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Check engine light flashes when going uphill. Dealer claims to be unable to read the code if engine light does not stay on. Has been in for service 4 times for same issue. Once, dealer replaced a single engine coil after reading a P300 misfire code. Engine loses power and freeway speed becomes impossible to maintain for several minutes even after cresting hill and driving on level surface.

- San Diego, CA, USA