7.4

2015 Jeep Wrangler fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Wrangler:

2015 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jan 042017

Wrangler

I own a 2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited 4 door 4X4 automatic transmission. Intermittent loss of power and traction control light comes on... I wrote up a report a couple of weeks ago--but I understand the issue better now...so, my Jeep basically conks out--often at highway speeds...and re-starts in about 1 second...at least it feels like it conks out--all of the dash lights come on as they do when I first start the Jeep...but the traction control light stays on--does not blink and it has remained on since then...also the cruise control will not turn on...I have checked the fuses...and I have run an obdii diagnostic--the fuses are fine and the diagnostic finds nothing wrong I have read that this issue is occuring frequently on Jeep renegade and dealership says nothing is wrong. This occurs while the vehicle is in motion, on streets and on highways...while going straight and while turning...

- Pacific Palisades, CA, USA

Jan 032017

Wrangler

Vehicle, in motion, on highways, and streets, shuts off. The lights go out, sometimes the radio turns off, the steering goes out, the gauges fall to zero...then, the battery light comes on, and the engine begins operating as usual. It feels as though someone has turned off the key and then turned the key back on.

- Pacific Palisades, CA, USA

Nov 122016

Wrangler

2015 Wrangler jku sporadic stalling on both highway and residential streets. Was recently serviced for oil change and software update. Also stalled while Jeep was idol for 20 minutes but able to restart it. When it stalled...instrument panel lights up and Jeep stalls. Can restart in hour with check engine light. Dealer not able to reproduce stalling after testing for 10 miles. This has happened 3 times. Dropped off at dealer again this morning.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Oct 092015

Wrangler

2015 Jeep Wrangler only had 10,000 miles caught on fire and burned total loss just pulled into driveway at residence

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jul 012015

Wrangler

Driving on a four lane highway around 2pm. I had been driving for a solid hour on the same highway when my Jeep suddenly accelerated. The gas pedal proceeded to the floor even while I tapped and pressed pumping my brakes. I recall an initial odd feeling underfoot prior to the climbing acceleration. I felt the pedal pull away directly after I felt a vibration underfoot. I was not using cruise control nor was it engaged. The engine was cycling loudly and the RPM gauge was climbing in the red, I had no car mat in place because I spilled a protein shake a week earlier and it still smelled. I still checked visually to see if something somehow was obstructing the pedal. I had my hands on the top of the wheel per usual comfort spots. I was like, wait...what the hell is happening?? I had to press as hard as I could on the brakes while pulling the emergency brake up slowly to bring the open throttled car to a stop. I noticed just before turning off the car a red lightning bolt appeared on the dashboard. My new car was 4 weeks new to our family. I am an experienced driver who owned Jeep before in 1989. The gas pedal was so tightly pressed into the floor I could not get the tip of my shoe under to pull it up. I was taken for a death ride for 10 minutes. The car smelled like burning motor! if there was traffic this day I cannot think of the repercussions.

- Medway, MA, USA

Feb 072015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Check engine light flashes when going uphill. Dealer claims to be unable to read the code if engine light does not stay on. Has been in for service 4 times for same issue. Once, dealer replaced a single engine coil after reading a P300 misfire code. Engine loses power and freeway speed becomes impossible to maintain for several minutes even after cresting hill and driving on level surface.

- San Diego, CA, USA