2015 Jeep Wrangler seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Wrangler:

2015 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Nov 102016

Wrangler

After a couple of weeks we noticed water all on the passenger side of the vehicle after raining. I asked the salesman about the leaks and he stated all Jeep do that..carpets continued to get soaked and cannot see where it is leaking so I asked the maintenance tech after our first oil change and I was told to pull the plug under the carpet and drain the water..I again was told it was normal for a Jeep to leak..approx March 2016 the wife was fed up with the water pouring in and the smell of mildew of the carpet due to leakage. She went to the dealer and complained. She was told we had to make an appointment which would be beyond a month and they would keep it for a spell. No rental or loaner...I work out of town and getting it in on appointment is not always feasable being my wife is on disability and needs a vehicle. Since then the passenger seatbelt has stuck on numerous occasion and cannot be operated properly.the problem seems to be latch sticking and not releasing. My wife mentioned to me since she drives it more than me, that it pulls and has been for a long time. When I received a letter from Chrysler around Oct 15th I sent in negative words of all these issues and when I got a call about these issues I received a call from bonnie a case manager and we talked. She said to get it to the dealer for repairs and if I had any other issuesto call her back and gave me a case number. I contacted the dealer but no repairs yet. They say wait for appointment. I did go to the recall website and noticed others having a weather issue, a few seatbelts and also the so called death wobble. I asked the wife for the full symptoms and to my surprise it is the known death wobble.she said it will shake violantly after 60mph and then jump out of gear, pop into nuetral. Has happened she said 3 times this year. Jeep has never been offroad and top has never been off..

- Marianna, FL, USA

Oct 062016

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Wrangler. While the contact's vehicle was stationary, it was rear ended by another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. The contact stated that the driver's seat belt tensioner did not retract, which caused the contact's head to hit the windshield. A police report was filed. The contact sustained a head and back injury, which required medical attention. The vehicle was damaged, but not destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 24,000.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jun 122016

Wrangler

Stoped at a store, upon returning to vehicle the driver side seat belt was locked and un able to be used. Took it to a Jeep dealer the next day or so and they denied the warranty saying it was packed with mud. I contacted Jeep and emailed them puctures showing the dealership was lying. I went 7 days after talking to Jeep before they decided to fix it. So 2 days after it was fixed my passenger side does not work doing the same as the driver did. I dont really know how to address it now as Jeep nor the dealership cared about my safety and gave me such unessidary trouble. Any advice would be greatly apreciated. Ill be getting rid of the Jeep as I do not feel safe in it anymore with seat belts being ysed that will all of a sudden stop working ?

- Ward, AR, USA