7.9

2016 Jeep Wrangler electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Wrangler:

2016 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Dec 132016

Wrangler

Took our Jeep in to autonation Chrysler Jeep arapahoe in centennial, co and they said they couldn't perform the recall work without removing the wench on the front of our Jeep. They said we would have to pay 5 hours of tech time to remove and re-install the wench in order for them to perform the recall work. Didn't tell us when we brought it in, 9 hours later when I called to check on it they said this. The recall letter states that if the dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time we were to file a complaint.

- Parker, CO, USA

Jul 302016

Wrangler

I have an automatic Jeep rubicon 2016 unlimited. It died during motion after shifting to reverse from drive. I was doing a sharp turn where I needed to go back immediately and just when I shift reverse (during pressing the brakes like normally everybody does) it shut down. Then, I put in park and started it again and it didn't recognize the reverse (idling but not moving). I had to put it off (after shifting to park) and start it again. At the second time it recognized reverse and worked fine for now. No codes during the incident. My case is similar to the complaint: NHTSA id number: 10850113.

- San German, PR, USA

Jun 162016

Wrangler

2016 Jeep Wrangler unlimited RHD. The check engine light and traction light came on while driving. Restarted the vehicle and traction went off. Check engine went off later that day, but came back on. Traction was intermittent, but would turn off when restarted. Next day, check engine light and traction came on and twice while moving the engine died. I lost total control of vehicle, but was going slow at the time. Once on a curve and the other time while turning. Second time was toward a deep ditch, but stopped short. This is very dangerous. Quality motors tried to fix once. Will take back tomorrow when they could fit it in.

- Independence, KS, USA

May 052016

Wrangler

My son came home from school to get his wallet to go fill up his Jeep when he came out back outside the front of his Jeep was smoking, when he opened the hood he found the radiator fan on fire. He quickly ran and got the hose and put out the fire but it continued to smoke for about 5 mins. The Jeep was running parked in the driveway the Jeep only has about 4000 miles on it the air-conditioning was on. He only drove it from school about 1 mile away. We have not taken it to the dealer yet. The fans currently are not working the rest of the vehicle seems to be fine. I have picture and a video I can try to up load.

- Dade City, FL, USA