7.3

2016 Jeep Wrangler engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Wrangler:

2016 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jun 162016

Wrangler

2016 Jeep Wrangler unlimited RHD. The check engine light and traction light came on while driving. Restarted the vehicle and traction went off. Check engine went off later that day, but came back on. Traction was intermittent, but would turn off when restarted. Next day, check engine light and traction came on and twice while moving the engine died. I lost total control of vehicle, but was going slow at the time. Once on a curve and the other time while turning. Second time was toward a deep ditch, but stopped short. This is very dangerous. Quality motors tried to fix once. Will take back tomorrow when they could fit it in.

- Independence, KS, USA

Feb 012016

Wrangler

2016 Jeep Wrangler. Consumer writes in regards to engine warning light on dashboard, engine noises and no acceleration when gas pedal is depressed issues. The consumer stated when her husband drove the vehicle, the engine light did not illuminate. However he did have to push the accelerator pedal more than usual. Two weeks later, while driving at a speed of 40-45 mph, the consumer heard a loud noise and noticed the RPM was at 5,000 and going to 6,000. The vehicle was shaking and the engine was making loud grinding noises. The consumer took the vehicle to the dealer. They stated there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. Two weeks later, as before, the engine became loud, the RPM went to 5,000 and for the second time, the number 1 surrounded by a square lit up on the dash board after the letter D. the vehicle only reached a speed of 10-15 mph.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

May 052016

Wrangler

My son came home from school to get his wallet to go fill up his Jeep when he came out back outside the front of his Jeep was smoking, when he opened the hood he found the radiator fan on fire. He quickly ran and got the hose and put out the fire but it continued to smoke for about 5 mins. The Jeep was running parked in the driveway the Jeep only has about 4000 miles on it the air-conditioning was on. He only drove it from school about 1 mile away. We have not taken it to the dealer yet. The fans currently are not working the rest of the vehicle seems to be fine. I have picture and a video I can try to up load.

- Dade City, FL, USA

Mar 162016

Wrangler

I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler unlimited with 20,000 miles., today I was going up a hill stopped at a mailbox then started to take off and the motor stalled while in drive. It cased me to roll back about 3' befor I could hit the brake almost caused a accident. I then restarted the Jeep placed it back in drive and it wouldn't move! it acted like it was in neutral. I also tried reverse still wouldn't do nothing. So I rolled to a flat spot in the road check the trans fluid, it was good then turned it of checked the oil, it was good to. Then started it back up and put it in drive and it was working fine again!

- Gatlinburg, TN, USA