3.1

2016 Jeep Wrangler fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Wrangler:

2016 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Jun 152016

Wrangler

I rented a Jeep Wrangler unlimited through alamo in puerto rico for 2 weeks. On 5 occasions while my foot depressed the brake with force, the car surged forward. My foot was only on the brake. In each instance, I was forced to throw the car into park to prevent the vehicle from surging forward. This created a dangerous condition in 3 instances, 2 where I might have hit larger vehicles (one a forestry truck, another a large box truck) on narrow mountain roads, 1 where I was at the edge of parking pad that would have resulted in the Jeep going down a steep mountain ravine.

- Elverson, PA, USA

Mar 162016

Wrangler

I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler unlimited with 20,000 miles., today I was going up a hill stopped at a mailbox then started to take off and the motor stalled while in drive. It cased me to roll back about 3' befor I could hit the brake almost caused a accident. I then restarted the Jeep placed it back in drive and it wouldn't move! it acted like it was in neutral. I also tried reverse still wouldn't do nothing. So I rolled to a flat spot in the road check the trans fluid, it was good then turned it of checked the oil, it was good to. Then started it back up and put it in drive and it was working fine again!

- Gatlinburg, TN, USA