2003 Kia Optima accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Optima:

2003 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Nov 272015

Optima LX 3.2L

Cannot unlock the passenger side door either with the automatic door locks or with a key. My daughter got locked in when we were shopping and found out this is a fairly common problem. The next day I was warming up my car and scraping off the ice and I heard the doors lock and had to go in the house and get the 2nd set of keys to unlock the door. I hear it happens only on the drivers side and passenger front doors. It is scary when you cannot get the doors to unlock could be a safey issue if you are in an accident and cannot unlock the doors.

- , Jackson, MI, USA