2.2

2004 Kia Optima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Optima:

2004 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Jan 232015

Optima 4-cyl

My car completely turns off while im driving it, most of the time when I used it the first time of the day and try to used it again it turns of and loose power, I can't turn it on again in that moment I need to wait and then it works again but if happens really frequently and its really dangerous because im on the freeway and cars are behind me and I can cause an accident or anything worse. I went to the dealership so they could inspect my car but they couldn't find anything at that moment.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Aug 092012

Optima 6-cyl

The car was running fine until after a few hours of driving it just stopped running. This is the second time this has occurred. The engine RPM dropped to zero and the car coasted. After sitting for less than an hour the car started up again. I took it to the Kia dealer and they said, even though the car had less than 60,000 miles, they would have to diagnose the problem and charge us $200 to do so, and the electronic parts were not covered.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA