3.7

2001 Kia Rio cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Kia Rio:

2001 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Jan 312001

Rio

I was driving home from work, and when I was approximately 1 minute from my home, my check engine light came on, and my car began "chugging". I made it as far as 3 houses away from my driveway when my car just stalled out. Rather than re-starting, I decided to roll to my driveway. I didn't even make it as far as my driveway, and my car caught on fire. The black smoke was so thick, you couldn't even see through it. My whole engine went up in flames, and my car is now totaled. I have had absolutely no problems with this car until now.

- Danvers, MA, USA