- September 30: Automakers Take 'Small Overlap Crash Test' Very Seriously
- July 30: Kia Lawsuit Alleges Cars Still Have Defective Brake Light Switches
2008 Kia Rio
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only reason we don't give the 2008 Kia Rio our top award is because of poor side & rear crash test ratings.
Worst 2008 Rio Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems1
- exterior accessories problems1
- body / paint problems1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Kia Rio Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Rio compares to other years?
Check out our Kia Rio overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Rio.