1. the solution is to tow it to the junkyard! (1 reports)
2003 Kia Rio drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Rio:

2003 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Mar 142009

Rio

This is the second Kia that I have owned where the timing belt has broken! The dealer tells me that Rio's are known for timing belts breaking....AFTER THE FACT! Why wasn't I told this before I purchased this car? Being the 2nd owner I had a 60,000 mile warranty on the drive train. Everything breaks 2,000 miles later? I don't think so...I'm DONE with Kia....Kia is history and don't even think about purchasing this car. The first Kia that gave me problems had low mileage (Sephia)....Ol' dummy me took another chance on a DIFFERENT Kia (Rio) thinking this would be better. The dealership wants 4,400 to put an engine in and 1,500 for labor. Are they nuts? I am buying another car TODAY and guess what it won't be!!!!!!! Lesson learned the hard way....

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA