2003 Kia Rio seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Rio:

2003 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Dec 222015

Seat belts, car seat retaining hooks, ECM, and distributor are recalled. Cheyenne Kia had 3 weeks before original appointment to get the parts. I delivered the car for repairs only to get a call 4 hours later that they cannot find the parts. It has now been 6 weeks since picking up my car and they cannot find the parts to do the recall repairs. All I have been able to do is leave a message with jennifer xt 45960 at 800 333 4542 case # K3094095 Kia customer care to find out when I can safely put my kids in the backseat of the car.

- Cheyenne, WY, USA

Aug 112009

Back in 2006 I purchased a 2003 Kia Rio and in Aug 2009 I was sent a letter telling me my rear seatbelts had been recalled due to malfunction when childrestrant seats were used. The company knew about the recall in 2006 according to the letter but didn't notify me until 2009, and I have a 7 yr old son who has been riding in my car with recalled seatbelts, this made me upset since that's the safety of my child. The company did replace the seatbelts but it took them another 3 weeks to get the parts after me notifying them about the recall letter.

- Eugene, OR, USA

Oct 272002

Rio 4-cyl

The seat belts was designed poorly, they cut across the neck and throat of the driver/passenger. Consumer contacted manufacturer and dealership for seat belt extensions and was informed that they were not obligated to install belt extensions.

- Portland, OR, USA