2003 Kia Rio steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Rio:

2003 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Mar 022004

Rio

When turning the steering wheel at an undetermined speed steering wheel made a knocking noise. Consumer took the vehicle to the dealer for inspection and mechanic determined that steering column bolt snapped.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Apr 042003

Rio

I purchased my vehicle in January 2003, first problem was that while driving with my 4 month old daughter the steering whhel went out on me. I tried to turn the car while getting on the expressway and the steering wheel kept spinning but I did not turn and almost hit a cement viduct. Next about 1 month later my car began to not start or cut off on me when I would first start driving and the chime willnot go off. The dealer told me that they have been having this problem with them and he will contact me when the manufacturer tells them how to fix the problem.

- Park Forest, IL, USA