Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The only reason we don't give the 2010 Kia Rio our top award is because of poor side crash test ratings.

2010 Kia Rio brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Kia Rio:

2010 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Dec 242015

I was traveling about 40 mph exiting on the fwy off ramp which turns to the right. Initially my brakes worked and then it made a awful winding sound. The car was gaining speed as I made the turn and I totally lost my brakes and had to use my hand brake to stop before almost running into the back of a car. I had my brakes checked and was told that my shoes were very good but I wen ahead and put new ones on anyway. I am still having the same problem. On the fwy having to use my brakes at speeds over 40 mph cause the same noise and no brakes until I have slowed below 40mph.

- Beaumont, CA, USA

May 152013

El vehiculo cuando SE frena en las MAƱana los frenos traseros trancan solo atras Y el mismo SE barre en la carretera Y ES un peligro llegue a llevarlo a la Kia Y me dijern que era un defecto de fabrica Y que el fabricante no va a responder por eso Y de verdad ES peligro ya eh pasado varios sustos Y cuando la carretera esta moja me da hasta miedo cuando tengo que frenar por favor ayudenme SE loa agradeceria.

- Arecibo, PR, USA