Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The only reason we don't give the 2011 Kia Rio our top award is because of mediocre crash test ratings.

2011 Kia Rio brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Rio:

2011 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Mar 282014

I was in collision on 3/28. I hit another car from the back. The airbags did not deploy. I hit my head on the steering wheel. I had my seat belt on. I was sent to the hospital via ambulance. The car was a total loss. Updated 07/16/14 updated 3/17/2015

- New London, CT, USA

Oct 142013

Rio 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Kia Rio. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the steering wheel jerked from left to right when the brakes were depressed without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician stated that the brake disks needed to be turned. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 50,400.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA