2012 Kia Rio fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Rio:

2012 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Oct 072014

This car has a tendency to rev up to the red line on the tach - sometimes when you start it, sometimes when you are in traffic, sometimes when you are stopped at a traffic signal. I have witnesses to this fact and it is making me feel very unsafe when I am driving it. I almost got in two accidents because of this condition. It may appear if I am driving down the highway a couple times this occurred and the only way that this is remedied is turning off the ignition and restarted it, sometimes you have to do this 2 or 3 times. Other times it will happen when you start the engine it will go right to the top of the tach if you do not turn off ignition. It has also happened at a traffic light stop I felt the car increasing in revs while I was stopped, thank god I turned off the ignition before it crashed into the car in front of me. I have idea when it will occur. I looked on the web and found other instances of Kia owners having the same problem. It has been back at the dealership where I purchased it, twice, new and they tell me they cannot change any parts unless the problem can be duplicated. I filed a complaint with Kia on line and no response except take it back to the dealer! I want the problem repaired I do not care what they have to do to make it safe as it stands now it is a hazard to drive and an accident waiting to happen! it sometimes also feels like you have speed control as you are going down the highway it will speed up. I just want it repaired!

- Hazle Township, PA, USA