2.9

2013 Kia Rio brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Rio:

2013 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Nov 072015

Rio

Car has 62,000 miles, rear brake went out first, upon inspection, on the right side went out, on the side of the padding there was metal to metal, middle part had minimal hair line minimal of padding left however the left one still had halfway padding, pretty good, rotor would not turn, brakes had stayed in place for a long time, wheel cylinder appears to be defective, cannot place a new brake pad, due to the piston constantly coming out, 2 mechanics were unable to fix this issue and one of them did successful get the brake pads in place and placed the caliper back, however, the rotor would not turn, meaning my brakes would stay in place all the time thus, having to force the car to move. Mechanic says that I had been driving with the brakes set at the same time, and what was odd for him was that only one side gave out sooner than the other, when it fact it should be the front ones to give out first and then the rear ones but no, only 1 side from the rear gave out, the front ones had really good padding left. But this poses a big issue for me, safety issue, for me and my family when we are in the car, it could light up in flames, burst my tire, spark up, please help. I had to put the used brake pads from the left side onto the right side to at least have some padding, new ones cannot be placed because as soon as I place the clamp to push the piston in, and I remove it, it comes right out, it seems like theres some pressure there. I dont know if this is to be covered in the warranty but im sure this is not only happening to me, please help!!!!

- Laredo, TX, USA

Jul 152015

Rio

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Rio. While driving 25 mph and applying the brakes, the vehicle continued to accelerate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 37,000.

- Atlanta, GA, USA