2013 Kia Rio miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Rio:

2013 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Mar 182014

I have a couple issues with my 2013 Kia Rio. The first issue is acceleration. Around the 30,000 mi mark, I took my car to have the recommended service which included an induction svc. Since then my car has not had the same good acceleration ability it had when I purchased the car. I've taken the car to two dealerships and have been told that this is just normal wear on the car. The second is something with the starter, battery, alternator, etc. I use the word "something" because no one has been able to pinpoint what is the problem. I bought a new battery on May 18, 2015. Post that battery purchase, the car did not start on June 27, 2015 (I had to get a jump). This no crank was post a battery, starter and alternator check by the dealership on May 23, 2015. By the way, the tests all came back finding no fault. I had two more no crank situations on July 19 and August 2, 2015. I've taken it back to the dealership after July 19 and have been told by Kia that this will happen when it's hot. I don't believe them because I bought the car in the hell of St. Louis, mo summer at 55 miles in 2012 and did not have this recurrent problem until recently.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA