2014 Kia Rio body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Rio:

2014 Kia Rio Owner Comments

May 192016

Rio

I was driving down a Suburban street when my car engine caught on fire. I was able to stop and get out of the car safely. Although I had put the car in park and used the emergency brake, it rolled down the street until it hit a telephone pole, which it set on fire. The fire was primarily on the driver's side of the car. I had no reason to expect this fire to happen. A firefighter told me it should not have happened, and to do my due diligence.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Sep 132015

Rio

I was involved in a front to rear car accident. My Kia did not have enough time to brake when the vehicle in front of me (a Honda) stopped suddenly. During the incident my Kia hit the Honda's rear twice (two impact moments) - after the first impact in a moment of panic I hit the gas pedal instead of the brake and hit the Honda once more. The airbags did not go off (my safety concern/complaint). I was glad the air bags did not go off because the gases they release affect my asthma. However, if there was a passenger with me they may have been injured on the dashboard and I also could have been injured by the steering wheel since the air bags did not go off. The entire front of my Kia was ruined: The hood was crumpled, the front bumper came off. The head lights were smashed, and the front sides of the body were cracked out of place. There was a crack in the box attached to the steering wheel as if it was going to open to release the air bags but nothing happened. I am not sure how much stronger the impact needed to be in order to trigger the sensor for the airbags - the impact was pretty intense. I do have images of the impact to my vehicle if it will be helpful to understand why the airbags did not release.

- Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Aug 052014

Rio

A 2014 Kia Rio involved in a horrific crash. Air bags did not deploy" why"

- Orangeburg, SC, USA