4.0

1997 Kia Sephia engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Kia Sephia:

1997 Kia Sephia Owner Comments

Dec 202014

Sephia 1500

I bought a (1997 Kia Sephia 2 ) less than a year ago. Now I see this car needs frequent repair. In no time after my first use of the car, the speed meter went out of order. I repaired it at the mechanic's. Soon after, I changed the power oil tube as I started to see red oil under the car. Then and all of sudden something severely crashed while I was driving. I was lucky to reach the nearest mechanic for diagnosis and repair. It was the water pump. Uncovering the pump for replacing revealed many other faults that the mechanic replaced and repaired readily. Some time after, the sensor (attached to the engine) needed replacement because the "check engine" icon appeared and the following test signaled its damage. Among other repairs that I don't recall now, the fuel consumption is big and unjustified....!

I got really fed up by the car and the time and money I spend on it. Recently, some white smoke came out of the exhaust. I paused going to the mechanic's and started to think of other approach to my car maintenance. I started to use the web for solutions so I might be able to deal with my car by myself. Now after I watched about 3 GB of YouTube, I may say the white smoke is related to stem valves. I know (only in theory) how those valves to be replaced properly. My car subjected me to pay too much money and subjected me to fraudulence. It is not a good car and extremely unreliable. This is the least to say about it.

- , Amman, Amman, Jordan