2014 Kia Soul steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Soul:

2014 Kia Soul Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 102016

Soul

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Soul. While driving approximately 25 mph, the power steering failed without warning. The contact pulled over and placed the vehicle in park. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the rack and pinion fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 51,000. The VIN was not available.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Sep 052016

Soul

As I was parking in a gas station parking lot, I heard a clicking noise while the wheels were turning to the left to park. When leaving the parking lot, my wheels would not turn when I turn the steering wheel. I could turn the steering wheel 360 degrees, and I would hear a clicking noise, but the wheels would not move. I had to have the car towed.

- Parkville, MD, USA

Aug 042014

Soul

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Soul. While driving approximately 20 mph and making a left turn with the turn signal activated, the steering gear assembly separated without warning. The steering wheel turned, but the wheels remained straight. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V332000 (steering) and 15V123000 (vehicle speed control). The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 012016

Soul

Steering started making a clunking noisewhen turned slightly left or right. The dealer says that the steering rack needs to be replaced. The part needed to ordered. The dealer would not release the car to me because it is not save to drive. This is a 2014 Kia Soul+ that has 36000 miles. I see that other Souls have had a similar problem.

- Emmitsburg, MD, USA

Aug 062016

Soul

There are 6 recalls on this GEM of a car, never received any from Kia, pinion steering is 1 of them, driving on a Saturday morning veering right and car jumped on it's own loss control of steering car it curb and tire and rim I am guessing other damage, had car towed to Kia dealer ON8-8-16 still there because they are waiting someone from the head of Kia damage control to come, they told they would be there last week still nobody has come out, I need my car to work how can there be 6 recalls on a car that is less than 2 years old bad enough they passed it thru inspection with a steering issue, please help,

- Laurel Springs, NJ, USA

Aug 022016

Soul

Front drive axle nut was loose and causing the left front wheel to shake violently. No work was ever done on the vehicle in that area so the nut loosened on its own, nearly causing the entire wheel assembly to come off the vehicle. Torque was checked on the nut after discovery and was found to be way less that the factory spec. Of ~170 to 198ft. Lbs. Nut has no "locking" mechanism to prevent back out!

- West Homestead, PA, USA

Jul 072016

Soul

Steering wheel began doing clunky noises, took to dealer, they fixed it, 4 days later steering wheel snapped off leaving me without control during a turn, no accident thankfully for going less than 20 mi at the time, took back to dealer to be fixed. Not sure I trust it anymore.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Oct 202015

Soul

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Soul. While driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle independently veered out of the lane. The steering wheel required excessive force in order to continue driving. The vehicle was taken to three different dealers for diagnostic testing. A four wheel alignment was performed at one dealer and the other two dealers stated that the vehicle was operating as designed. The failure became progressively worse. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000. Updated 08/17/16 updated 10/26/16.

- Smithburg, MD, USA

Apr 282016

Soul

The contact owned a 2014 Kia Soul. While driving 75 mph, the vehicle shook violently, veered to the right, and the power steering malfunctioned. The contact lost control of the vehicle, crashed into a wall, and the vehicle rolled over. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Apr 142016

Soul

Driving on hwy 10- April 14 and 17, 2016, power steering went off. Jerking the wheel right or left brought power steering back. Took to dealer on April 26, but problem was not duplicated.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 222015

Soul

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Soul. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V736000 (steering); however, the parts to do the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Flower Mound, TX, USA

Mar 252016

Soul

The steering was making a popping and grinding noise when turning. We took it in for the steering recall. The vehicle was repaired ( January). The steering went out on the vehicle last night. The vehicle hit the curb. We got the vehicle home and called for towing today to take the vehicle to the dealer. No one was injured. My parents are not safe driving back and forth to their doctors visits in this vehicle.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Jan 202016

Soul

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Soul. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V736000 (steering). The contact called two different dealers and was unable to receive an appointment to schedule the recall repair. The dealers did not indicate when the repair would be scheduled and no information on part availability. The contact called the manufacturer several times and was unable to receive a reasonable date to be referred to a dealer to schedule the recall repair. The contact was waiting on the manufacturer to provide a remedy to the dealer to receive a recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Elyria, OH, USA

Jan 042016

Soul

The contact owned a 2014 Kia Soul. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 25 mph, there was a complete loss of steering control causing the vehicle to veer off the road. As a result, the contact crashed the passenger's side of the vehicle into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The driver sustained severe neck, chest, and right arm injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to the salvage facility. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000....updated 03-10-16

- Jemison, AL, USA

Dec 272015

Soul

The contact owned a 2014 Kia Soul. While driving 45 mph, the steering wheel seized without warning and caused the vehicle to crash. There were no injuries sustained and a police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 31,000.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Feb 122015

Soul

Enter into a retail installment sale contract on December 2nd 2015.on December 18 th my wife received a call from carson Toyota who stated merry christmas, I have good news for you, can you come in we can lower your payments, I told him we are okay with our payments, also I advise him that my husband is at the doctor. He stated tell my husband he can get a lower payment.I told him are you sure you have the right person, he stated we do not play. So me and my husband swing by on Monday. When we arrived there my husband was told that they needed a thousand dollars more down payment. I advise them that it has being twenty days since we sign the contract.first they did not want us to leave with the vehicle. So we told can we take out personal effects from the car, they came back and told my husband that they have the right to take back the car cause my husband credit score and he must give another thousand dollars, they told my husband take the car and see if he can bring in at lease 250$ I advice them I will see legal advice. They stated they have many attorneys I knew something was not right my husband looked so stress out he work and return late at night I kept thinking.I came home came on the computer did a little investigation. I discover that this vehicle have a defect and this dealer knew and the defect was not remedied, instead they continued totake advantage of us and still have not disclose the truth of this unsafe vehicle. Thanks in advance regarding this issuethe fault or problem that created the unsafe condition are if a driver continue to operate this vehicle this could impair accelerration and increas the risk of a crash

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 152015

Soul

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Soul. While driving 15 mph, the vehicle started pulling to the left as the driver side tire made an abnormal noise. The contact lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was inoperable. The contact did not sustain any injuries and did not file a police report. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V123000 (vehicle speed control) and 14V332000 (steering). The vehicle was towed to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 27,000.

- West Bloomfield , MI, USA

Feb 022015

Soul

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Soul. While driving approximately 35 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the steering wheel fractured. The vehicle was maneuvered to the side of the road with caution. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, who replaced the steering wheel. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 11,808.

- West Palm Beach , FL, USA

Sep 172014

Soul

Received a recall notice for the rack N pinion plug on my 2014 Kia Soul. Took it to the neariest dealer as requested. Weeks later I was driving getting ready to make a left turn and I was unable to turn the steering went out lost control of the car and crashed. Took the car to the dearler where I purchased. Filed a case with Kia complaining the dealer did not repair my car properly. Three months later my car is still at the shop trying to fix a tie rod end. As I researched this recall and see all the damaged that was caused to my car stems from the front end, rack N pinon tire rod ends, bearing, etc. I have been asking for the dealer to check to see if the recall part was indeed replace and knowone seem to be able to tell me. How can I find out if the dealer I took my car to indeed replace and repaired the recall part properly?

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 252014

Soul

I have received a safety recall notice on my Kia on July 25, 2014. I have tried unsuccessfully to have it fixed for the last three months. Neither Kia and the dealership have not fixed the problem and I keep getting excuse after excuse.

- Yuba City, CA, USA