7.4

2003 Lincoln Aviator miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lincoln Aviator:

2003 Lincoln Aviator Owner Comments

Sep 152003

Aviator

1. I was sitting at a traffic light first thing in the morning when all my warning lights on the dash came on and my car died. It said low oil pressure. I was able to get the car restarted, and have not experienced the problem again. Dealer indicated they could detect no problem. 2. paint in door jambs different color than rest of vehicle. Dealer indicated in small crash, probably at time of unloading vehicle...damage repaired and repainted. I had them repaint to make car same color. 3. other - this is my most frustrating problem. When it gets hot out (90 degrees or more), the left side passenger door moulding expands and sticks to the driver door. I cannot open the back door without forcing it, which has chipped the paint on the inside of the front door. This has also happened on the passenger door, but not to the same extent as the driver side. All mouldings have been replaced once, but the problem continues. I have had it in about another six times since for the same problem...most of the time being told there is nothing they can do or there is no problem. They are now ordering some new moulding which will hopefully correct the problem. Also, it took me three trips for them to finally fix the air conditioned seat on the passenger side which stopped working. The first time I was told the entire component was replaced...I drove off the lot, and again it wasn't working. I took it back and was pretty much told I was an idiot, it was working. I drove off the lot, it wasn't working. I took it back again, and they found a loose connection in the wiring, which they finally fixed. It now works. 4. the first time I mentioned the squealing brakes, they checked them out and said it was normal. I took the vehicle back again, because the squealing was worse, and they replaced the brakes and pads. Obviously, there was a problem!

- Corona, CA, USA