7.2

2016 Lincoln MKX drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Lincoln MKX:

2016 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Oct 182016

MKX

While driving on a highway in rush hour traffic, my vehicle suddenly lost acceleration and warning light/wrench symbol came on. I could not accelerate over 10 mph and limped to side of road. I turned off vehicle for about 20 minutes, after that turned back on and vehicle worked completely normal. I drove to dealer immediately, they replaced throttle body and updated software. My vehicle has 10,400 miles.

- Maple Grove, MN, USA

Jul 292016

MKX

Traveling down interstate at 70 mph, when vehicle lost power. Service warning light appeared on dash, followed quickly by engine service light. No response to the gas pedal. Turned off vehicle and restarted and it operated normally for about 10 minutes. 11000 miles on an 8 month old Mkx. Serious safety issue.

- North Salt Lake, UT, USA

Jul 022016

MKX

Lost acceleration on the car. Car moved no more than 5 miles per hour. Using the gas pedal did not move the car. The vehicle was in motion on a city street. I was later told by the dealership that there is a problem with the throttle body.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 072016

MKX

The car has stalled 6 or 7 times when attempting to park. The dealership seems to have fixed that problem. A more serious problem occurred on June 7 while we were on vacation in new orleans la. Driving down a busy street, I slowed for traffic and the engine quit. I was able to move to the right and avoid an accident. Restarted car and continued driving. As you may expect, my wife is very concerned that this may happen again and she or I will not have time to get out of the way of approaching traffic. My daughter did some research and found this site that lists many similar complaints with other Ford> suggest you check out the website.this should open up to that question about Ford cars stalling https://www.cargurus.com/cars/discussion-T35446_ds471580 have stalling and similar problems been reported for these cars? I have an appointment at the dealership on 27 June to have them check the problem. This will be the third time the dealership has attempted to solve these stalling problems. If they cannot correct the problem on this attempt I will have to seek relief through the Florida lemon law.

- Navarre, FL, USA