8.3

2016 Lincoln MKX miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Lincoln MKX:

2016 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Jun 172016

MKX

The vehicle when accelerating lets exhaust and carbon monoxide into car interior. Took the SUV to dealer and has been worked on several times with no fix. Ford Motor Company field engineer was unable to fine and recommend a repair. Asked Ford to repurchase vehicle but they refused saying its norm for the SUV. They did not give any regulations or anything that would support this as we should not have to breathe gas fumes when traveling down a highway. We were told not to use interior circulation and it would help, not to use air the vehicle when accelerating lets exhaust and carbon monoxide into car interior. Took the SUV to dealer and has been worked on several times with no fix. Ford Motor Company field engineer was unable to fine and recommend a repair. Asked Ford to repurchase vehicle but they refused saying its norm for the SUV. They did not give any regulations or anything that would support this other than them just making a statement hoping we go away, we should not have to breathe gas fumes when traveling down a highway. We were told not to use interior circulation and it would help, not to use air conditioner on max. The cabin on car fills with the gas fumes and makes us tired and fatigue when driving for extended period of time. We purchase a luxury SUV as Ford would have you to believe but it actually more like a gas chamber having to breath this seems a little too much. I hope the NHTSA can get Ford to acknowledge they have a problem and make them take it seriously and get rid of what is causing the problem.

- Mount Vernon, IN, USA

May 122016

MKX

Lincoln 2016 Mkx SUV is only 7 months old and has the following problems: 1. where the a pillar trim panel and headliner meet on left top side, the a pillar trim panel and edge of headliner would not stay (pulling away) under rubber weather strip on front left door (5/12/16). Car was stationary. 2. the rubber weather strip on the front edge of rear door was loose and would pull off when door was opened (5/12/16). Car was stationary. 3. the right side of the front bumper cover pulled away at the top where the bottom of headlight assembly and top of bumper cover meet (clips, etc. Not holding it snug), 6/15/16. Car was probably stationary. This is too many problems for SUV that is only 7 months old. Thanks,

- Randallstown, MD, USA

May 012016

MKX

I was driving on city street when all of sudden I had no gas power the engine started reeving up on high. I was able to pull over to the side of the street. I continue to turn off the vehicle and restart it after a few attempts I was able to drive for a short distance it happen again I needed a tow to the dealer the problem was identify as the body throttle this item is causing not only my vehicle but other customers vehicle problems. I feel you should know about this issue because I could've been on the highway when this happen to me and more serious I could've been rear ended. Today is May 9th I haven't received my vehicle yet it's still at the dealer. The service dept. Chuck at dana stated that it might be another week before I get my car back. He stated there are a lot of order for the part.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Aug 202015

MKX

Led adaptive headlights are said to move in coordination with the steering angle when headlights are activated but do not. Even when set to automatic mode, headlights will only illuminate in the direction in which the vehicle is pointing partially blinding drivers in the oncoming traffic. Additionally the manual states on vehicle startup we should see the lamps track to a "predetermined position" then center. Mine does not do this. I also made sure to drive above 5mph and turned my wheel for very sharp into shallow turns. The manual also shows a whole sub menu just for the adaptive lighting. I also do not have this menu. Lastly there is supposed to be a digital speedometer in addition to the analog speedometer in the settings menu, there is not one. The owners manual clearly states that in order to activate this feature you must go to settings menu under trip1 trip 2 and select the feature. Its not there and make looking down at the very tiny numbers on the analog speedometer difficult during driving and takes your attention away from the road.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Oct 032015

MKX

Vehicle engine shuts down at stops or stop-and-go traffic while vehicle is in drive. Error displayed on tachometer screen reads "full accessory power active". once engine stops, all electrical continues to work. There is no warning when this happens. You can put car in park and restart, and issue resolves, but happens randomly. This is a brand new vehicle with less than 800 miles.

- Irving, TX, USA