2000 Lincoln Town Car electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Lincoln Town Car:

2000 Lincoln Town Car Owner Comments

Mar 202013

Town Car

click to see larger images

caught on fire while driving caught on fire while driving

This was the craziest, scarcest and most upsetting thing that could happen to someone. I'm just thankful for my life, and my partners and my grandsons lives who I picked up from school. Glad that on this day the car burned in to flames, that it wasn't myself and my Grandson in the back seat, because when it caught fire, it started from under the dashboard and then all the electrical in the dash went dead. Including the power door locks, meaning the DRIVER is TRAPPED in side. Also you had no control of the car and couldn't even slow down to pullover or put it into park. We are not talking small fire or flames but very large fire coming from under the dash...... Total loss of car because of electrical fire of some kind this fire was inside the car coming from the dashboard, not the engine or the outside this car is going to kill someone.

- , Belleville, MI, USA