2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercedes-Benz C230:

2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 Owner Comments

Aug 262005

C230 6-cyl

My Mercedes-Benz C-240 (2003 model), having less than 18500 miles, suddenly lost power after some 2-hour worth of free-way driving. Around noon on Friday, 8/26/05, I was driving South -bound on I-15 past victorville (ca), about 9 miles past the exit for route 18, when my C-240 suddenly lost power. As I depressed the accelerator, I felt no power and the RPM was decreasing. It felt like the entire engine-transmission system was shutting down. There was no prior warning. I made right turn signal letting other vehicles know I was coming off the free-way. I managed to pull off to the right shoulder safely and came to full stop on the gravel. At that time, my digital odometer read "1 malfunction". using my cell phone, I immediately called the Mercedes hotline. The roadside assistance representative, kristin, advised me not to drive the vehicle, even after the "1 malfunction" sign became "no malfunction" a little later. My vehicle was towed to a Mercedes-Benz dealer in riverside, some 50 miles away. At the dealers service dept, after a basic check involving computer and electronics, some faulty identifications were made, but it was determined to be safe and drivable. I drove my vehicle home, planning to have a major check up later.

- Arcadia, CA, USA