2.1

2004 Mercedes-Benz C230 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercedes-Benz C230:

2004 Mercedes-Benz C230 Owner Comments

Apr 212016

C230

Vehicle has 136,000 miles and has been well maintained by all owners. Drivers buckle or latch no longer operating. Prior to this it was becoming hard to release buckle after use. Now stuck in closed position. It indicates that the belt is buckled but it will not catch. Verified nothing is stuck in mechanism.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Aug 142012

C230

The contact owns a 2004 Mercedes Benz class. The contact stated that as she attempted to reach for something in the vehicle, the front driver's side seat belt snapped at the buckle assembly. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer for inspection but the vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 39,402.

- Shaker Heights, OH, USA

Dec 192011

C230

The contact owns a 2004 Mercedes Benz clk. The contact stated the front driver's side shoulder seat belt retractor failed to operate. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who informed the seat belt assembly would need to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 111,000.

- Louisville , KY, USA

May 022008

C230

I bought a certified pre-owned 2004 cl 500 mb from hbl tysons on 8545 leesburg pike, vienna, va on Apr 19, 2008. The salesman showed me the carfax report which showed no prior problems. So, I bought the vehicle w/ an extended warranty. However, 2 weeks after I purchased the car, I experienced many electrical problems, transmission problems, tire problems, & problems with my air conditioner/ heat. Over a 1 ½ years later, my car has been back & forth at the hbl tysons corner, va & mb annapolis, md svc cntr over 40 times for the same reoccurring electrical problems. The electrical problems are becoming worse B/C the car freezes; the steering wheel malfunctions & locks upon starting the car & sometimes, while in motion; in addition to other malfunctions involving: Seat belt, seat head rest, headlights, tail lights, rear fog lights, license plate lights, windshield wipers; heat/air conditioner, SRS, & airbag deployment. I'm paying a car note & I barely have my car B/C the svc. Cntrs have my car for 2-3 weeks at a time B/C they can't fix it. Iżve even been told by them that my particular car is too intricate to fix. Iżve contacted mb corporate in montvale, NJ via telephonically & correspondence, to elevate several complaints, but, my last 2 complaints were to no avail B/C I heard nothing from them as of yet. I keep all of my receipts from each time Iżve dropped my car off & IżM ready to pursue a lawsuit. In fact, Iżve contacted better business bureau, your Agency, & several lawyers B/C Iżve recently discovered via a class action suit, that the year, make, & model of my car is involved in a nat'L recall where a faulty valve w/I the heat/air conditioner, causes a build-up of debris & water, which leaks into the electrical system, causing it to malfunction & shut down. Help me B/C it's obvious the car is unfixable and too dangerous to drive. According to the class action, these problems pre-existed before I bought the car and mb was aware of them prior to selling the car.

- Severn, MD, USA

Feb 102008

C230 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Mercedes Benz C230. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for service when the contact was informed that the seat belt computer chip was not functioning. The failure has not been repaired. The current and failure mileages were 61,000. Updated 5/5/08 updated 05/05/08.

- Ladera Ranch, CA, USA