2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercedes-Benz C230:

2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 Owner Comments

Jul 222006

C230 4-cyl

I have a Mercedes Benz C230. Saturday my air bag deployed in the passenger side back seat after leaving Mr. Bubbles carwash. My fiancee drove my car to the mercededs dealership nearby and they shut off airbag system until I could bring my car in for inspection. Monday morning I called to have my car scheduled for maintenance on Tuesday for the deployed air bag to be repaired and for the system restraint malfuction light on the dashboard to be repaired. The service advisor said that there was damage to the tire so they were not going to warranty this problem. To be honest, I am not satisfied with that. Why would an air bag deploy even if there was a tire problem? I am scared to death to go over a speed bump at this point.

- Beaumont, TX, USA