2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercedes-Benz C230:

2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 Owner Comments

Mar 052009

C230 4-cyl

I was involved in a accident at a stoplight. While waiting for the light to turn green, my car accelerated and I ran into the back of a pickup truck. The truck did not have a scratch on it. I had $over $8,000 damage. The whole front of my car was damaged (smashed up into the windshield). The car was taken to a body shop and repaired. I now find out 3/15/2014 the car has a bent K-frame not to mention the work was shoddy on the body work. I have not had any more accidents. I had just purchased the car the month before as a used vehicle. I want to know why the insurance adjuster did not notice the bent K frame. I now have to pay out of pocket to find a used K frame and pay for the labor. I have driven this car continuously since having it repaired. I moved from New Jersey to South Carolina driving this car. Something could have happened. Fortunately I've been lucky but what happens now, my new tires in the rear (which I think may have been like this when I bought the car) wear out within 6 months and I often wondered why. The car shakes (the K frame) and the steering wheel has a lot of play in it which I was told will always be like that unless I get it repaired. I have put an insurmountable of money into this car and I'm very disappointed. If it wasn't for the auto shop who put my new tires on last week, I would not have known about this problem. I feel I've been cheated and this car should have been totaled and I given another car! now I cannot afford to get another car right now and I'm scared to drive it.

- Ladson, SC, USA