2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230:

2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 Owner Comments

May 282008

C230 6-cyl

I was on the freeway driving to work with a co-worker when the passenger side airbag in my 2007 C230 deployed. There was not a collision or contact with my vehicle at all. The bag on the passenger side arm rest struck my passenger right arm quite violently causing her pain for 4 days and the drivers side airbag constricted and put a 4 inch cut on my neck. When I took my vehicle to Mercedes of laguna niguel where I purchased the vehicle new only 2 months ago they refused to repair the airbags sitting small scratches on both passenger side rims and their claim of the tires bubbling and proof the vehicle was in a collision. However 10 days previously I had accidentally scraped the vehicles rims while parking. I can assure you this vehicle was in excellent condition when I went in for repairs to the airbags and the events I have described are exactly as they occurred. The dealership asked me to contact my insurance company, which I did, however I relayed the same information to them as I am relaying to you. I am outraged at the dealership and feel they should repair the faulty airbags on this vehicle. Please advise.

- Irvine, CA, USA