2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230:

2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 Owner Comments

Jun 242016

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 (na). While driving 25 mph, the contact crashed into another vehicle. The passenger side air bag failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The passenger sustained bruises to the forehead and shoulder, which required medical attention. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 102,000.

- Levant, ME, USA

Feb 112016

"takata recall" on my 2007 Mercedes. I did not receive a letter from Mercedes about the takata recall. I found out through the internet. I went to my local Mercedes dealership and ask about getting a rent a car until parts were available, which they refused. I advised that I was not going to drive the until it was repaired, due to several deaths. Their response was that, "it was not likely to happen, " on the recall information that I pulled up on the internet, it says that the recall came out on Feb 11 2016, today is April 27, and I haven't had any communication from Mercedes, so I have a car setting in the garage that I can't drive. Just two week ago an 18 yr old girl was killed in her Honda, when she had a minor accident. She should not have died, due to this finder-bender. I would like for someone in NHTSA to investigate why I am not getting any update from Mercedes " when will parts be available to install " someone at Mercedes knows the answer, I want to know also.......thanks for your help.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Apr 222016

Takata airbag replacing due to recall and transverse case is defective was told by Mercedes Benz of North palm beach fla that it would cost over 12, ooo.oo to get car fixed at 40 miles per hour car failed without warning verify info with rob at Mercedes dealership 561-203-8958 was told by better business breau to try and contact you all first, im sad because of me being unable to afford this car repair bill due to no fault of my own

- Rivera Beach, FL, USA

Jul 022007

I was driving my three month old 07 Mercedes Benz C230 sport sedan. I had 1 passenger with me and I entered the intersection in the#1 lane and I felt an impact to the driver door as the airbag deployed. I steered the steering wheel to the right, causing the rear driver's side to fishtail in the island. As I went across the lanes I steered to the left to avoid the front end. My passenger rear tire hit the curb. As I exited the vehicle I noticed there were no other vehicles around and nothing in the roadway. The car had no damage, just scratches to the body. Both rear rims had damage from the fishtail effect. I immediately called Mercedes Benz about the airbags malfunctioning. Mercedes sent a representative, who determined me that I must have ran over something in the road, causing the driver's side rear tire to lock, which resulted in loss of control over the vehicle. It hit the curb, causing the airbag to deploy. I went out to the dealership to take a look underneath the vehicle. I observed no damage underneath. The only damage was to the inside rear driver side tire which had a light scratch mark which should have been a dent. They stated it was my problem, and they did not see anything wrong with the airbag. I contacted Mercedes Benz collision center about airbag deployment. Mechanic stated the sensor from the drivers side was in the door and should have gone off if something hit the right point. I contacted Mercedes Benz corporation asking to speak to the representativ E who came out with the decision, they denied my request. I informed Mercedes Benz that maybe there was no a defect in other Mercedes Benz vehicles, but there was one with mine. I told them that I am a police officer and luckily I knew how to manuever a car in that type of situation because of all the training I have had. I told them if it was somebody else the car would have been totaled and someone could have died. They told me pound sand, well not in those exact words.

- West Covina, CA, USA