2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercedes-Benz C240:

2002 Mercedes-Benz C240 Owner Comments

Feb 072007

C240 6-cyl

On February 6, 2007, I took my mb to sovereign motor cars ltd in brooklyn, because of the SRS light. The alternator was replaced in 2005 and the above company told me that it had to be replaced again. In the mist of replacing the alternator via drilling, the cap (bottom part that holds the bolt) broke. I was informed that this is common because of the mixture of aluminum engine and steel casing. I was told more than 2% of Mercedes Benz vehicle that enter this shop the cap breaks as a result of oxidation as told by Mr. Yeltkin, shop stewart. Sovereign wanted me to pay for the repair of this incident more than $2000 for a faulty capping. Or $800 to have it welded together but then was told it may break again. Both bolts were damaged but sovereign replaced them with temporary bolts to shoo me on my way.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA