2013 Mercedes-Benz C250 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mercedes-Benz C250:

2013 Mercedes-Benz C250 Owner Comments

Oct 132015

When accelerating at highway speeds (mostly) check engine light comes on and car shakes. If you pull over and restart the car most of the time the check engine light goes away. The engine error code (from Mercedes) is P03001 which is a cylinder misfire. I purchased this car brand new and have had it at the dealership 8 times now for the same problem. They have replaced the fuel pump and injectors and problem still persists. Mercedes dealer is telling me there is nothing wrong with the car and they can't duplicate the problem after a week with the vehicle. The car is very dangerous to drive. This has happened to me no less than 20 times in 2 years of owning the vehicle. My son has been in the car with me several times when this has happened and it is a safety hazard to be at highway speeds and the car can no longer accelerate and starts to decelerate. Mercedes needs to do something about this before someone (namely me) dies because of this known issue. They have known about this with an internal document since October 2012 yet they continue to ignore the problem.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

May 012014

Long pause when trying to accelerate from a stop. Not normal turbo lag, it's too long.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Mar 012013

C250 4-cyl

I've been experiencing a hesitation when accelerating in my 2013 Mercedes Benz C250. The back seat belts stopped working. The passenger airbag light all of the sudden now states it is off.

- Porter, TX, USA

May 222014

The contact owns a 2013 Mercedes Benz C250. While driving approximately 60 mph, the vehicle decelerated and failed to accelerate as the traction warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 10,000.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Sep 222014

C250 6-cyl

While driving to grocery store attempted to accelerate from a stop and vehicle bogged down (decelerated before accelerating) and the violently took off.. have taken vehicle 8 times to different Mercedes Benz dealerships in the atlanta area only to be told that its the way vehicle is and to live with it. On many occasions while attempting to turn across traffic vehicle just stays in place when accelerator pedal is depressed and then it just bolts wanting to let the rear end loose. Very unsafe characteristic of this car. Regret this purchase tremendously. Also many many complaints about the 2012-2014 C250 and nothing is being done.

- Smyrna , GA, USA

Sep 182014

- South San Francisco, CA, USA

Jul 152014

C250 4-cyl

Sluggish accellaration. This has happened several times during the last 2 months. It has happen on a take off from a red to a green light. Where I'm completely stopped and from 0 mph speed I start to accellarate & the car feels like it stalls, almost as if it's getting no fuel. I can have my foot totally down on the gas pedal & the car hesitates or doesn't move at all. I had an incident where I was behind a semi truck, I attempted to change lanes fast before incoming traffic. The car did not move & I almost got hit from behind because the car would not speed up when I tried to accellarate. I've had my best friend in the car while this took place & he was very scared & so was I. I'm not sure if the fuel injectors are pumping the gas fast enough to get the car moving. Then again, what do I know. I'm a girl. All I know is, something is wrong with this car & it's not safe to drive. This does not happen every time but it happens quite too often. I'm to the point now where I don't trust passing other cars and I'm extra cautious when having to pass cars or from lane to lane. I don't trust this car. I've contacted the dealership today & have an appointment to meet with max at the dealership in anaheim hills, ca. I'm hoping I can have an early termination of my lease or get into another car (hopefully a safe car).

- Victorville, CA, USA