2014 Mercedes-Benz C250 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz C250:

2014 Mercedes-Benz C250 Owner Comments

Dec 052014

C250 4-cyl

Driving on a four-lane street (two lanes on each side) with my two kids. The 2014 C250 had a malfunction with the electric steering: Automatically jerking the car to the right. I lost control of the car and hit the curb. It felt like we went airborne. I turned the steering wheel to the left to try to stabilize the car, quickly realizing there was truck to the left I turned the steering wheel back to the right to avoid hitting the truck. This caused me to hit the curb again. It all happened so fast it was hard to stabilize the car. Mercedes-Benz (expressed as mbusa) had my car for over a month. In their incident questionnaire they asked to grant permission to image the data contained in the vehicle's event data recorder (edr). I sent the questionnaire to my insurance, and we didn't not grant mbusa permission as the lessee. Mbusa broke the law and went without my permission and imaged the data. Than came back and stated that they would not cover the damage, as the edr stated that I hit the curb. Mbusa expressed that I would have to pay out of pocket for their malfunction. I asked for a copy of the recorded conversation and I want the report. It was expressed by mbusa that I would have to get a court subpoena for them to give me the information. I called a attorney and this is against the law; and is all tactics/strategies on mbusa part to not take responsibility because they would by law have to report it to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). All I wanted was to keep my family safe, and for mbusa to take the car back as it was around 3 months old when the accident accused. If I fight this: Just to get someone to review the edr will cost around $10,000. Great business strategy mbusa in keeping your customers safe until someone dies because of your lack of humility!

- North Hollywood, CA, USA