2.5

2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

Sep 022016

C300

Eis issue/steering wheel lock module. Vehicle was disabled and would not start due to eis/steering wheel lock module complication. Very common in C300 mbz

- Laughlin, NV, USA

Apr 152014

C300

Still not fixed ----2 years later they say (M/B) "the best or nothing " and I have nothing but un- safety and danger, and plenty of letters that do nothing again, but they said that. Lets put a date to it.!!!!!!!!

- Miami Gardens, FL, USA

Feb 152015

Air bag not working03.

- Miami Gardens, FL, USA

Mar 192016

C300

Could not start my car while stationary. Put key in the ignition and got a message on the dash to remove key from ignition. No dash lights came on. There was no clicking or noise...it was just dead. The alarm system and headlight and interior lights were all working so it was not the battery. I called roadside and the gave me a jump, but confirmed that my battery was not the problem. My car had to be towed to the dealership on Saturday night after waiting for 5 hours. The dealership did not even conduct the diagnostics on the car until Tuesday afternoon. They determined that the steering lock was defective and needed to be replaced at the cost of $1000. They did not even offer to loan me a car, or ask if I needed transportation. So essentially they left their customer stranded! this is not the service that is expected from Mercedes! I have had cars (Acura and BMW) longer than my 2008 C300 with more miles which did not require a replacement of the steering lock. This is a common problem among all Mercedes and should be recalled by the manufacturer.

- Narberth, PA, USA

Aug 052015

C300

A few months back, my wife was stranded in her office parking lot as the car won't start. When she put the key in the ignition it would simply make clicking sounds but will not start. She was able to lock and unlock the car. We called aaa who checked the battery and said it was working fine. The aaa rep said that he had seen this problem quite a few times before in the mb cars and we would have to call mb or they can tow it to the dealership. We then called Mercedes Benz (mb) road side assistance who came and checked the car. The mb rep said that there is an issue with the electronic steering lock and it will need to be replaced. They gave me a quote of around $1500 over phone. Finally I had aaa tow my car to my mechanic and got it repaired for around $800. While researching this problem, I was shocked to see that there were 1000S of threads online where the owners of 2008 and 2009 C class were complaining about the same issue and how each one had to shell out anywhere from $1200 to $1600 at the dealership to get it repaired. I called mb and they admitted that this is a common issue but cannot do anything about it. I was quite appalled at this situation where this being a known issue faced by 1000S of mb customers but mb would not fix it. Here is a sample of google search where you will find multiple people reporting this problem - https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=utf-8#Q=2008%20mercedes%20C300%20electronic%20steering%20lock even youtube has multiple videos where customers have recorded this issue. Electronic steering lock, electronic ignition lock and electronic stability control are known and very prevalent issues related to C class of year 2008 and 2009. As I customer, I would appreciate if the nha can look into this and help customers recover the money they have spent towards the repair of these issues.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jan 022015

C300

On January 2,2015 went from home to a retail store with no issues. After a few minutes at he store went back to the car, open de door, lights on, control panel on, car will not start. Put key on ignition switch, dead, will not make any sound. Used different set of keys, nothing, car dead. Call the dealer for advice, was told to replace the battery or jump start the battery. Called my tow, did jump start and nothing, call dealer was advise to replace the battery. Got new battery $200 and the car still need it to be towed home. Car does not start, per a mechanic possible esl/eis. Called dealer asking about recall due to multiple complains on same issue and they said no recalls has been issue gave an estimate of $1200 to repair. Please help, this is a Mercedes-Benz 2008 71 000 miles, should not be having this issue, same as others Mercedes-Benz owner am really disappointed about the cust service and repairs of this expensive car.

- Lehigh Acrez, FL, USA

Dec 052013

C300 6-cyl

Approximately a year ago my C300 locked up on me would not start. I had it towed to the Mercedes dealership and when they check it they stated that eis was out on it. The cost of the repair was over $2000. About two weeks ago, as I started the car in the morning for work I noticed that the start was a little hesitant, so I replaced the battery and things got back to normal. Today leaving for lunch I placed the key in the ignition and turned it to get the "slient click" again. It is doing the same thing it did about a year ago after Mercedes "so called fixed the eis". according the mb forums this is an ongoing issue for multiple 2008 C300's. I am getting ready to tow the vehicle back to the dealership but not going to pay for the same issue that they supposedly fixed about a year ago.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA