2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

Jan 022016

I only have 30,000 miles on my 2010 C300. The driver interior door latch broke leaving me unable to open the door. I took to dealer and I even had an extended bumper to bumper warranty till 60,000 miles... the dealer or the warranty would not cover my door latch, stating it is wear and tear... this part is cheap plastic, that is pulled on numerous times a day. Plastic is not durable, especially in states with multiple extremes in temperatures. It was $150 just to remove the door panel by the Mercedes dealer to tell me that it would not be covered. They told me that the part is $618 plus labor, making the total close to $1000. I have rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and polymyositis, making it painful to try and reach out an open window to open door by using exterior handle. I recently had a dead battery and needed to be inside my car for safety, but was unable then to open car until help came. I could not physically climb over center console to go out passenger side. Living in a state with extreme temperatures, this could be fatal. After researching my problem, many have had the same issue. 17 on this site alone. This is not wear and tear! the handle is cheap plastic, that brakes very easily. Please help, this is a very expensive safety repair! I have even heard of some people having multiple door handles on their car break.

- Appleton, WI, USA

May 072016

Passenger side door handle broke creating a safety issue as passenger could not open door from inside in an emergency. For example, if the car stalls in a dangerous situation requiring immediate evacuation from the car or risk major injury or death (e.g, car fire, stuck on a railroad track, etc.) the passenger would be stuck in the car. Lowering the electric windows does not offer enough clearance to reach over the door to open the outside handle from the inside. Mercedes requires the purchase of an entire door panel to repair the cheap plastic handle on the interior of the car door (set. $800 for the panel pus labor for a total of $1100). The dealership, and Mercedes Benz, was well aware of this problem and the cost to repair it, but, hasn't reported it to the authorities as a risk.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 082015

Purchased car March 2015 with a 3 year extended warranty. Inside drivers door handle broke (plastic piece inside door I believe). Dealer claims warranty does not cover this because it is cosmetic and it will cost me in excess of $1100. To get it fixed. This is a major safety issue, one should not have to open the window and feel for the door handle to open the door. In many situations this could be a matter of life or death. This is just as critical as an air bag in my eye. I believe the dealer should cover this under the warranty, and may even warrant a recall.

- West Chester, PA, USA

Aug 012014

The passenger side front door latch was broken and went loose. The passenger cannot open the door from the inside. Imagine if there is a fire or crash and the person cannot get out of the car what will happen. This problem is quite usual according to a web search so I decided to report.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Oct 202014

Apparently the interior door handles of the mb W204 are failing. It seems to me that this is a safety issue if someone is trapped inside and can't get out. Here is a thread that discusses this within a users forum. Thank you.

- Lansing, MI, USA

Aug 142014

C300 6-cyl

Went to exit car and interior driver side door handle broke inside door. Cannot exit vehicle.

- Clarkswville, MD, USA