2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

Jul 202016

Car wont start, replaced battery, common issue with C300 told by the dealership it would cost $1332 for steering lock to start 5.0 includes if needed to cut out lock pin

- Teaneck, NJ, USA

Jul 202016

I was told that my car has a recall for the camshaft adjustment solenoid. I took my car into Mercedes to be repaired and they told me that the recall was closed and they could not repair my vehicle. I am worried about this issue causing more damage to my engine and I am concerned for my safety while operating my vehicle. I encounter problems with my vehicle while driving.

- Orange Park, FL, USA

Apr 142016

After backing out of handicap parking space and moving forward at a slow speed my vehicle was rear-ended, at which point the vehicle forcefully accelerated forward independently without warning and crashed into another parked vehicle (forcefully moving this vehicle approximately three feet) the vehicle continued to speed through the handicap parking lot as I continued to brake without results of stopping. This vehicle ran through a stop sign and into the front entrance road of the va hospital.( this road has heavy traffic and pedestrian usage) the only way to stop my vehicle was to jump the curb and run into a tree. I feel very fortunate that my vehicle was the only thing damaged. This could have been a devastating event if disabled wheelchair persons or pedestrians had been in the path of this occurrence. I am reporting this to say that this has happened to other C300 2010 Mercedes Benz and needs to be investigated as a serious safety issue. This could cause deaths. I have a witness to my brake lights going on and off as I tried to stop this car.

- Keystone Heights, FL, USA

Aug 182015

I have 2010 Mercedes Benz C300, my car would not start with my key even though the battery checked okay. This is a very common failure among C300 models (2008 to 2013). So meaning cars are vulnerable to this failure around 5 year mark. Manufacturer should issue a recall on these parts, as they have a very bad reliability.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

May 072015

Luckily I took car in for a safety check and belt tensioner was found to be shredding. It should last longer than this and is a safety hazard. This extra visit to the dealer may have save me from having an incident. I otherwise never would've know the belt was shredding.

- Newbury Park, CA, USA

Apr 012015

C300 6-cyl

I was driving the car and just stop in the middle of the street, I almost had and accident. I took my car to my mechanic, he can't fixed, the dealer need to do the job for tree times more. Than my mechanic. This is unfair! I buy my car in 2012 original mileage 10000miles. To my knowledge is to low very mileage for having this type a problem.

- Downey, CA, USA

Jan 092015

C300 6-cyl

The belt tensioner for the serpentine belt seized up causing the serpentine belt to shred and causing damage to the upper and lower pulleys. The car became immobile immediately as all the accessories were rendered useless, like the power steering, alternator, etc. As a result, the following had to replaced: Serpentine belt, tensioner, upper pulley, and lower pulley. I was very fortunate that this occurred when I was parking in a parking lot after driving on the highway. If this had happened at highway speeds, there is no doubt in my mind that it would have caused a very serious accident, as you would have no steering on the highway. While researching this safety concern online, it seems like this is a relatively common issue with 2008-2011 C-class vehicles. Some were reported to be repaired under warrant while most others had to pay for the repair costs out of pocket. This is a very serious safety concern that can possibly lead injury or death. I spoke with Mercedes Benz corporate regarding this issue and was told that it is not an issue and there is nothing they will do about it. I emphasized how dangerous this can be at highway speeds and they did not seem to be concerned. My recommendation to Mercedes Benz is to recall the 2008-2011 C-class for this issue before it causes a serious injury or death.

- Boonton, NJ, USA