7.8

2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

May 122016

C300

Was driving on city street, and the collision prevention assist disabled warning sign came on and I lost power to the car. I'm told this is called "limp mode." I tried to pick up speed by pressing throttle to the floor, but got no reaction at all. Then some power came back, but not much. Each time I braked to stop for light or turn this would happen. After I got home I restarted the engine and it seemed normal again. However I was afraid to drive it, especially since in the last six months my power steering also failed, and had it towed to dealer. They ran tests and no code for failure was found. They said they found some software updates which they did. Unfortunately, after I picked up the car from service I saw that my main complaint wasn't even mentioned. Only that I sometimes had problem with collision control warning going off for no apparent reason.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 282015

C300

The contact owns a 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle would independently decelerate with the RPM gauge reading between 4,000-5,000. The failure occurred intermittently. When the vehicle was shut off and restarted, the vehicle returned to normal. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing; however, the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,000.

- North Branford, CT, USA

Jul 302015

C300

I was driving on a rural back road at 30 miles, the power steering stopped working. A warning appeared saying "malfunction of power steering". I was able to drive home, about one mile, but with great difficulty. I called Mercedes Benz. They sent a tow truck and towed auto to westwood Mercedes in westwood, MA. I was informed it was a software problem and it had been reprogrammed.

- Dover, NH, USA