7.8

2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

Sep 142015

C300

New vehicle purchase 07/11/15, has been in/out Mercedes shop since the date of purchase due to electrical problems where car was flooded by rain when purchased due to a plug was not placed in the car by the manufacturer. Requesting a replacement due to electrical problems multiple times with being stranded. Vehicle would die and not crank with having to pull over to the side of the road multiple times due to vehicle malfunctioning. Vehicle was recently towed due to entire system went out and was stranded with vehicle not cranking when parked and died completely. Vehicle electrical system was recently found to be corroded and was changed out multiple times. Vehicle is currently running like a truck since this last repair. This vehicle is a lemon and should be replaced due to the lemon law and the vehicle was flooded by rain due to missing plug from manufacturer day one of purchase. Just received the car back 10/26/16 after two weeks, with the vehicle being in for dying and malfunction due to electrical problems. I'm afraid to drive this vehicle for a distance due to the electrical problems and in fear of being stranded again, with Mercedes having no guarantee for my safety. Vehicle VIN# at Mercedes shows all the problems with this vehicle being in/out of the shop for electrical problems and malfunction as well as changed out electrical system twice. Vehicle problems started September 2015. This vehicle is considered a lemon and I should be given a replacement due to this vehicle being flooded from the rain and having ongoing electrical problems. This vehicle has hindered me from traveling and has caused me frustration due to all the problems. This vehicle should never be allowed on the road again due to flooding and electrical problems and can cause a death. Mercedes is being negligent, with trying to repair and not salvaging as the lemon law requires.

- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA

Jul 212016

C300

Collusion prevention system inoperative. Causes car to slow slow down and or stop while on the road. Poses a severe life threatening driving condition for me and other drivers. Many other Mercedes Benz owners across the usa, Canada, and Japan are complaining of the same error message and issues. My mbusa advisor stated her vehicle is doing the same thing. My service advisor at the dealership stated its mice that are eating the wires. I am taking my vehicle to two other mechanics for opinions on the cause of the error message. I have documents from other Mercedes Benz owners who have complained of the same issue and error message.

- Tarzana, CA, USA

May 122016

C300

Was driving on city street, and the collision prevention assist disabled warning sign came on and I lost power to the car. I'm told this is called "limp mode." I tried to pick up speed by pressing throttle to the floor, but got no reaction at all. Then some power came back, but not much. Each time I braked to stop for light or turn this would happen. After I got home I restarted the engine and it seemed normal again. However I was afraid to drive it, especially since in the last six months my power steering also failed, and had it towed to dealer. They ran tests and no code for failure was found. They said they found some software updates which they did. Unfortunately, after I picked up the car from service I saw that my main complaint wasn't even mentioned. Only that I sometimes had problem with collision control warning going off for no apparent reason.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 072016

C300

While driving "collision prevention assist plus inoperative" message appears on dashboard. Car loses its ability to accelerate. Occurred twice (January 2015) on city streets forcing me to pull over to the side of the road and restart my car, the error disappears and I am able to drive normally. 4/7/16 occurred while traveling 65mph on an interstate. I lost ability to accelerate and was almost rear-ended by a semi-truck. The vehicle was serviced at a Mercedes dealership on 1/11/16 the highway incident occurred after the "fix". it is currently back at the dealership being tested by the service department. I am told the current fix is to replace all the senors. I have opened a case with mbusa to repurchase the vehicle given the initial repair did not work and put me in perilous highway situation. I purchased the vehicle in October of 2015.

- Canonsburg, PA, USA

Oct 022015

C300

While driving on the highway in the passing lane, a warning message indicated the accident avoidance system was malfunctioning. This deactivated the accelerator, I had no control of the car, squeezed between cars and coasted to a stop. Turned off car and called Mercedes. Car was restarted with no issues indicated, drove the car home. Next day on the highway did it again, went directly to dealership. They had the car 4 days, said it was a computer code issue and was fixed. Less than a month later it did it again driving 25mph in my neighborhood. Called Mercedes, they are picking the car up. I no longer trust the car, will not let family drive it because it becomes disabled....

- Bay Shore, NY, USA

Apr 012015

C300 4-cyl

1. warning light "inoperative collision prevention assist plus" comes up on the display on & off when driving. Car was sent to service on 4/22 but didn't duplicate the issue. Car was returned to me on 4/23. 2. on 4/24, warning light "inoperative collision prevention assist plus" comes up again plus the yellow "engine light".

- Milpitas, CA, USA

Jan 202015

C300

The contact owns a 2015 Mercedes Benz C300. While driving at various speeds, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle would not accelerate. The stability control inactive, collision preventive assistance inactive, and cruise control inactive warning indicators illuminated. The failure recurred three times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where it was diagnosed that the radar sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,000.

- Nesconset, NY, USA

Feb 272015

C300 4-cyl

I receive warning after I pass 5 mph speed if any of the passenger doors or trunk is open. The car needs to notify me as soon as it goes into drive mode. Manufacturers response has been quoted below. "we tested a C300 here. If the driver door is open, there is an immediate message when the vehicle is put in gear (forward or reverse). However, all other doors receive a message at approximately 5 mph. Mercedes-Benz recommends that the driver make sure all passengers are in seatbelts and the doors are secured. "

- Tarzana, CA, USA

Feb 232015

C300

## VIN passed ## mercedescollision avoidance disengaged screen popped up, stopped vehicle at stop sign, then a delay in acceleration happened leaving us suspended in the middle of the road where we were almost hit by another vehicle. Gas would only engage after 10 second delay after I applied constant pressure. At the same time, the ignition switch is not engaging. I had to press the start button five times to finally start the vehicle once I pulled over and turned off the vehicle.

- Washington, DC, USA

Feb 052015

C300 4-cyl

On 11/1/14 I filed a complaint about safety issues with my new 2015 Mercedes, C300 (ODI # 10664470) that pertained to debris entering the engine compartment from the top, near the windshield, and other issues with the command "radio", "touch pad" & keyless entry locking systems. I understand these systems are not proprietary to Mercedes and so are in many other luxury models. I've rec'd no feedback from the daimler Corp or from your office. Now a new issue developed where the keyless go wouldn't allow me to either enter the vehicle or sound the "panic" alarm. The company doesn't know how or why this could happen or how to fix it. I'm especially concerned with the inability to use the panic button, which is there in case of a criminal or medical emergency. What a surprise when you go for it and it doesn't work. There is no back up should the battery fail to work. I believe this is another safety issue with this car and would appreciate it if your office would take me seriously and contact me before someone is injured or killed.. thank you..

- Williamsburg, VA, USA

Nov 012014

C300 4-cyl

Soon after purchasing Mercedes, discovered the following potentially hazardous safety issues (all of these features are standard): 1) new "keyless-go locking system is factory programmed to unlock all doors when key is in owner's possession & rear driver's door handle is touched, allowing intruder(s) to easily enter other side of vehicle. 2) new command/computer/touch pad system, controls various operational functions, like radio, encouraging driver to take eyes off the road to operate. Touchpad requires driver to make "mouse-like" actions on computer pad (located on console) while simultaneously driving. 3) new air flow & vent system, circulates air from grill to windshield, allowing leaves & other debris, incl. Water, to enter engine compartment at the top of hood. Debris lodged here could potentially result in overheating & cause fire or result in damage to wiring and/or other components of the engine. 4) letters (w/pictures) sent to mbusa, CEO, resulted in phone calls from subordinate staff, rejecting outright each complaint but advising that debris in engine area is "normal" & customer's responsibility to remove. Letter to daimler's CEO in germany was referred back to mbusa. 5) asking for your intervention before these problems potentially result in injury or fatality. If this is not the office to investigate & intervene, please forward to the correct Agency & advise accordingly. Can provide additional info. On request. Thank you...

- Williamsburg, VA, USA