2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

Oct 292015

The contact owns a 2015 Mercedes Benz C300. The contact stated while driving at a low speed, the steering wheel emitted an abnormal noise and the power steering failed. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The dealer had not yet diagnosed the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V598000 (steering). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 8,000.

- Westfield, NJ, USA

Aug 282015

I sat in the car, had not started it yet, and a "power steering malfunction, see operators manual" warning in red was on dashboard screen, and another smaller red indicator light of a steering wheel was on in the speedometer area. Started the car and the warnings remained. Shut it off and immediately restarted and the warnings remained. Starting driving the car and the power steering was indeed out. I had great difficulty trying to steer, especially under 5mph. Drove about a mile and then parked and shut the car off. Came back about 10 minutes later, restarted the car and the warnings were gone and steering was back to normal.

- Manhattan, IL, USA

Jun 272015

Electronic controlled steering failed. I could not steer vehicle.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Apr 222015

C300 4-cyl

The steering malfunction light came on and the steering wheel lost power. The steering wheel locked up where it become extremely difficult for me to maneuver the car. I put on my emergency indicator and got the car into a parking lot as safety as I could. Had this occurred while I was going on a road with curves or at high speed, I believe I could have suffered severe bodily injury. I called mbrace to get my car towed. When I turned my car back on after approximately 5 mins, the error was gone and it was close to 7pm and the service center for the dealership where I purchased this car from was closed. I dropped off the car at the dealership the next morning. Today is the second day and my dealership tells me that they opened a case with Mercedes as their was a faulty code in the steering electrical box and they were advised by Mercedes to simply reset the box and drive the car for some time. However they could not tell me why it happened and whether the reset will prevent the occurrence of the steering wheel malfunction again. I refused to take a car back until its safety is proven. The dealership is keeping the car until they hear from Mercedes which according to them could take a few days to a week+. I purchased this car approximately 3 weeks ago and to have a major issue with my car with and the dealership and Mercedes to provide no confidence in the safety of this vehicle is extremely appalling.......updated 12/17/15

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jan 282015

C300 4-cyl

I started the engine and the power steering failure warning came on. True enough, it was a struggle to steer my car back home - I was just 3 minutes away from home. The car was towed the next morning to autohaus on edens in northbrook, il. I did a google search and found out that there has been a recall for this exact problem in europe since Dec 2014. I was shocked that owners in the us were not warned of this potential problem and there has been no recall issued. If this had happened on the freeway, it likely would have resulted in a very serious accident and my safety could have been jeopardized. I would like other owners of the 2015 Mercedes Benz C class to be alerted to this potentially serious mechanical problem and the nhsta to investigate why there has been no recall issued in the us......updated 12/17/15 both axles front axles had to replaced.

- Evanston, IL, USA