7.1

2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300:

2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 Owner Comments

Oct 012016

C300

I heard a very big devastating noise while driving my 2015 Mercedes Benz-C300 on a local road in raleigh, nc at about 40 mph. Since I did not see any TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) or any other kind of alert on the screen, I continued to drive. After driving about 2 more miles, I heard another big pop and the car became non-drivable by then. I did not feel hitting any object or going thru a pot hole. That's when I got down the car and noticed the right front tire outer wall got separated from the tire and the the tire was just flat to the ground. I could not, of course, drive further. This happened on Saturday (10/1/16) evening and it is a run-flat tire, but could not drive further and there was no spare in the car. So, I had to wait until today (10/3/16) to get it towed to the nearest Benz dealer in raleigh to get the tire replaced. It was a very frustrating half a day attending to this repair. There are a couple of issues here. (a) quality issue: Why the Continental tire tire gave away so quickly with only about 23.5K miles on the odometer, without hitting any object? (B) safety issue: This would have been a disaster if I were on a road trip with family on a national highway, especially, on a Saturday evening without a spare tire. (C). System response issue: Why mb system did not give any kind of alert in spite this major blow-out? I would hesitate to buy another car without a spare tire. I hope the NHTSA will consider seriously discouraging run-flat tires in the cars unless a spare tire is provided, until such time the run-flats are extremely safe and sturdy. Thanks.

- Raleigh, NJ, USA

Jun 152016

C300

The mandatory required tire pressure motoring system (because it has run flat tires) on one of the wheels failed and they claimed this is not covered by either the manufacturer's warranty or the tire protection warrantee. I was told this on 6/15 2015 but the original complaint I made about air pressure int he left rear tire was well within the warrantee period.

- Ashland, MA, USA

Mar 312015

C300

Vibration at high speed around 70 M/H. vibration during warm up after a cold start. Noise coming out from unknown parts possibly suspension when running over bumps at low speed around 7 M/H.

- Houston, TX, USA