2015 Mercedes-Benz C400 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C400:

2015 Mercedes-Benz C400 Owner Comments

Jun 292015

The panoramic sunroof in my car exploded at approximately 6.45am on Monday, June 29th 2015. The car was purchased new from Mercedes Benz in paramus on Saturday, June 27th, 2015. The car had 146 miles on the odometer. I was in NJ and I was traveling West on I-78 (express lanes) at approximately 65mph. There were no other vehicles in close proximity, there was a vehicle trailing a few car lengths behind me. The road was relatively smooth and the weather was dry. No projectile hit the glass prior to it exploding. When the sunroof exploded, all I heard was a large bang and then glass falling into the car and also żexitingż the car. The glass debris left significant pitting on the trunk of the car. I estimate 25% of the glass came into the car. I swerved into to the emergency lane and stopped in the emergency lane.

- Hoboken, NJ, USA