2004 Mercedes-Benz CL500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL500:

2004 Mercedes-Benz CL500 Owner Comments

Feb 222014

While I was driving hwy 1 to monterey ca. Cluster dash lights blacked out. Now don't know how fast I'm going down the road and can see information from it.

- Gilroy, CA, USA

May 022008

I bought a certified pre-owned 2004 cl 500 mb from hbl tysons on 8545 leesburg pike, vienna, va on Apr 19, 2008. The salesman showed me the carfax report which showed no prior problems. So, I bought the vehicle w/ an extended warranty. However, 2 weeks after I purchased the car, I experienced many electrical problems, transmission problems, tire problems, & problems with my air conditioner/ heat. Over a 1 ½ years later, my car has been back & forth at the hbl tysons corner, va & mb annapolis, md svc cntr over 40 times for the same reoccurring electrical problems. The electrical problems are becoming worse B/C the car freezes; the steering wheel malfunctions & locks upon starting the car & sometimes, while in motion; in addition to other malfunctions involving: Seat belt, seat head rest, headlights, tail lights, rear fog lights, license plate lights, windshield wipers; heat/air conditioner, SRS, & airbag deployment. I'm paying a car note & I barely have my car B/C the svc. Cntrs have my car for 2-3 weeks at a time B/C they can't fix it. Iżve even been told by them that my particular car is too intricate to fix. Iżve contacted mb corporate in montvale, NJ via telephonically & correspondence, to elevate several complaints, but, my last 2 complaints were to no avail B/C I heard nothing from them as of yet. I keep all of my receipts from each time Iżve dropped my car off & IżM ready to pursue a lawsuit. In fact, Iżve contacted better business bureau, your Agency, & several lawyers B/C Iżve recently discovered via a class action suit, that the year, make, & model of my car is involved in a nat'L recall where a faulty valve w/I the heat/air conditioner, causes a build-up of debris & water, which leaks into the electrical system, causing it to malfunction & shut down. Help me B/C it's obvious the car is unfixable and too dangerous to drive. According to the class action, these problems pre-existed before I bought the car and mb was aware of them prior to selling the car.

- Severn, MD, USA