2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250:

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Owner Comments

Sep 022014

As I was driving on the highway around 65 miles per hour, the vehicle's check engine came up and said " inoperative, pre safe inactive" I freaked out. I was at highways speeds and it was inoperative. I noticed that the power steering was affected and the vehicle was unresponsive when I accelerated. The ABS system was disabled, I was scared even to brake because I know that when the ABS system is disabled the brakes can lock up and cause an accident, injuries and even death. I have noticed that many Cla250 owners have the same problem.

- Lynwood, CA, USA

Oct 162013

CLA250 4-cyl

I purchased a new new new Mercedes cla-250C automobile late September 2013. In mid-October I experienced un-commanded acceleration to above 5500 RPM. This ceased just as I was about to apply braking. The car then behaved normally. On christmas night I experienced un-commanded braking whenever I backed off the accelerator pedal, the force of braking being proportional to the degree of lift-off from the accelerator. I was able to bring the car to a complete stop without touching the brake pedal. At that point I grounded the car. On January 7, 2014 I informed Mercedes-Benz about the above. I am prepared to provide further information regarding the above events and my correspondence with Mercedes-Benz usa should you desire.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Oct 272013

On Sunday, October 27, and Tuesday, October 29, 2013, my vehicle listed above had warning lights come on that stated, "pre safe, functions limited, inoperative." In addition to the words, the esp and ABS lights illuminated. I took the vehicle to penske mbz in West covina, ca, on Wednesday, October 30. They repaired the vehicle by doing a software update. On Saturday, November 2, 2013, the codes returned and I took the vehicle back to where I bought it, encino, ca, mbz. I was told they could not replicate the codes and they found no problem. This is unacceptable! the vehicle is still at encino mbz as they are trying to replicate the problem. When this malfunction occurs, the vehicle loses power and has very limited acceleration. It has occurred twice on city streets and twice on the freeway, both in eco and sport mode. On the city streets I am able to just pull to the curb. On the freeway, it becomes a possible life threatening emergency. There is only very gradual acceleration, and at 65mph, limited acceleration is very dangerous. These four occurrences have taken place in less than a 10 day period and no long term repair has yet been accomplished!

- San Dimas, CA, USA