5.2

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250:

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Owner Comments

Oct 272016

CLA250

Pre safe functions limited light and inoperative traction control light comes on car immediately loses 50 percent power and will not accelarate. 15 times in a 1yr period. Dealer doesn't see a problem..today for the 5th time I was nearly hit by an oncoming vehicle. Two weeks ago problem occured while I was in a funeral procession going through an intersection the vehicle behind me had to swerve to avoid a rear end collision..I do not feel safe driving a car I paid 50.000 for..

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jan 042016

CLA250

I have had the same issue of the car, being in park for over 5-10 minutes, suddenly lunging forward. It is quiet startling to have it happen. I worry that when I exit the car with the engine running ( due to passengers still in the car) something will happen. This has happen several times with me.

- Palm Beach, FL, USA

Apr 122016

CLA250

The vehicle will stop acceleration while driving. The message states "pre-safe functions limited". when the car shuts off for no apparent reason when driving at 70 mph on a highway is really unsafe. I have to coast to the side of the road to safety. I have turn the vehicle off and then I will be able to restart the engine. I have not taken this into my Mercedes dealership yet.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Mar 192016

CLA250

Multiple episodes of "pre-safe functions limited" occurring. When this message appears the car suddenly loses acceleration and you are not able to go above 30 mph despite pressing on the gas pedal. This has occurred on normal 35-45 mph streets but has happened multiple times on the highway when the car is going 65 mph. Luckily, no motor vehicle accidents have occurred because of this issue. The car is able to accelerate and function normally after turning the engine off and on again. Have gone to Mercedes dealer multiple times to fix issue. The first time it occurred, Mercedes updated system software. Next they replaced vehicle sensors. Most recently they claimed the issue was due to oil pump failure. They replaced an oil control valve and oil pan. Four days after the repair I received the same "pre-safe functions limited message, my car stalled while I was going 40 mph. I have returned the car to the dealer once again to run diagnostics. This has occurred many times in the two and a half years that I've owned the vehicle. It is currently at 49,200 miles and has been properly serviced. Each time I bring the car in for this error message Mercedes replaces a new part but it does not solve the problem.

- Romeoville, IL, USA

Oct 162015

CLA250

Making noises like rattling or vibration during driving.

- Albany, GA, USA

Aug 042015

CLA250

While driving on the highway, I heard a sudden loud explosion, the panorama sunroof shattered and glass rained down on me and everywhere within the car. There was no evidence of anything hitting the car or the sunroof, it just spontaneously exploded.

- North Bethesda, MD, USA

Feb 272015

CLA250

Car has been lunging forward when in parked for more than 5 to 10 min since I have owned the car. This car was bought on February 20, 2015. Since then, I have brought it back to the dealership 3 times for the same problem. The third time that I brought it to them, they followed up with saying that it is the make of the car and every cla does that. This is a huge safety problem and it needs to be fixed.

- Middleton, MA, USA