2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK320 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK320:

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK320 Owner Comments

Sep 142016

CLK320 Convertible V6

I just bought a 04 CLK 320 from what I thought was a reputable dealer, as a second car. I have a new 2 seater and needed the room. For over a week my garage reaks with an over whelming odor of auto fuel. I went on the internet and found out this is a mess MBUSA won.t recall and has occurred on numerous vehicles across the board. This car has only just hit 69000 miles and the car fax shows impressive service (although it does not define what was done). It has a very light cream interior that is nearly flawless. This fuel problem, has been a problem that has went ignored and seems to should have been a recall. Traditionally, I thought Mercedes Benz was a reliable vehicle. After research this fuel crap knocked that out of the ball park! This is my 3rd MB and I hope I won't regret it. I had to move it out of my garage with my Porsche and from what I have read it is a danger to drive! Can anyone tell me what to do before I blow my stack!!!!!! I wanted a nice car to run errands, not a catastrophe! I will be reporting this to the feds and MBUSA and the dealer for selling a car that is unsafe to drive. Angry in Augusta!

- , Augusta, GA, USA