1.7

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK350:

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Owner Comments

Jan 142014

CLK350 6-cyl

While parked I started the car and placed an item on the passengers seat. Immediately the SRS light came on. The SRS has detected something wrong with the airbag system and shut the airbags off on the car which is an extreme safety hazard. After taking the car to the mechanic I was told code 9223 and 9080 displayed. 92 23 states that the car needs a contact reel at steering wheel (part $410/labor nearly $300) and 9080 states the passenger side seat bottom needs to be replaced (part $1690/labor nearly $300). I believe this should be a recalled item because numerous Mercedes Benz have this issue and the repair cost is extremely high. Please investigate this safety issue. Due to the extreme cost for repair, I am driving an unsafe and hazardous vehicle. I am sure, I am not the only person in this situation.

- Norcross, GA, USA