2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK350:

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Owner Comments

Mar 202015

I own a 2007 Mercedes clk 350, I was on the highway with my son, when my car stopped accelerating while in motion. I was terrified! I was in the middle of oncoming traffic with big rigs and all. When I realized that the car would not accelerate, nor could I change gears, I turned the wheel to head towards the emergency lane. The car shutdown before I was able to get the car completely in the lane. I waited and attempted to restart the vehicle. The car restarted and I moved off the exit. As soon as I exited, the car stopped accelerating again, and shutdown in motion. My car diagnostic was the transmission control module/speed sensor. Upon investigating I discovered that this is a known issue that has been reported to Mercedes on numerous of occassions. I discovered complaints at NHTSA, Consumer Affairs, all the way to the BBB. Even the service departments said that this is a common problem on these models. I was so upset! to find out that, this is a known defect but the consumers have not been notified. My son and I were in the middle of the interstate and we could have been directly hit and killed! this is a serious issue! a car should not stop in motion at anytime, anywhere! Mercedes needs to replace this part that is required to fix this known defect, before a serious injury or death occurs.

- Marietta, GA, USA