2.2

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK350:

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Owner Comments

Jan 152015

CLK350

When the supplemental restraint system light (SRS) came on I was told the harness under the seat had to be replaced at considerable cost. I had it repaired an a short time later it came on again. I am told again I have a faulty harness and again I must do the same repair at my expense. This is not safe and Mercedes takes no responsibility.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Sep 112015

CLK350

The SRS (supplemental restraint system) light came on and a message saying there was a fault and the vehicle needs to be taken to the workshop. I took it to the dealer and was told the wiring harness in the driver seat needs replaced. This harness is connected to the side air bag located in the driver seat. The estimate to replace the harness is $850. The mechanic at the mb dealer said the wires wear away from seat movement over the years and now need replaced. This should not happen. The air bags are installed as a safety device and should not fail because the seat is moved back and forth when setting the seat position.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Apr 012013

CLK350 6-cyl

The safety restraint system failure message appeared in the dashboard message display of our 6-year old Mercedes Benz Clk350. The santa barbara auto group Mercedes Benz service person explained that the passenger side airbag was defective, despite the fact that it had never been used/deployed, nor had the car ever been involved in any incident. The estimated charge to me was about $1200. I contacted mbusa directly, and suggested that they were responsible for a safety system that should never fail in the first place. After 5 days of leaving voicemails, I received a callback with the offer of covering 25% of the cost. I found this totally unacceptable.

- Solvang, CA, USA