2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS55 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS55:

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS55 Owner Comments

Apr 022006

I bought a new 2006 C230 on 2/27/2006. I was driving this car on the freeway at night and after 10-15 minutes of driving the tire on driver rear side was shredded. I replaced this tire with the spare tire. After all remaining tires were checked that were good to drive...I drove another 15-20 mins and driver side front tire shredded. At this time I had to call aaa and had the car towed to Mercedes dealership in beverly hills. This dealership diagnosed the problem as something had impacted the wheels of the car and that shredded the tires. I also looked at the wheels myself and I did not see any damage to the wheels where they were pointing to saying there is slight raised or indentation. They told me Mercedes will not cover for the warranty of the tires and wheels. I feel that I did not do anything out of the ordinary while driving this car to cause this damage and I should not be at fault for this and that the Mercedes company should cover this cost and reimburse the cost of wheels and tires. The cost of the parts was $1050 and I paid $1431 in total to the dealership at beverly hills. Also the Mercedes logo on my new wheels that was put on is rusted and does not new while the old wheels that were not replaced have the Mercedes logo that looks new. Also, if there is any extra or special warranty for tires and wheels...I was not made aware of this warranty while purchasing the car.

- Granada Hills, CA, USA

Oct 112005

CLS55 8-cyl

I previously submitted a complaint (nvs-216 mec; ref. No. 10130172) concerning the failure of 3 rims/wheels and two tires on my 2006 Mercedes Cls55. Since that time with less than 11,000 miles on the car there has been an additional failure of four more rims and four more tires. This is a total of 7 rims and tires in less than 7 months.

- Akron, OH, USA

May 102005

The consumer had to replace three wheels and one tire in less than thirty days after purchasing the 2006 Mercedes Benz Cls55. The first incident was a result of a pot hole, the second incident occurred nine days after the consumer received the vehicle back and discovered that the right rear and front wheels were damaged. The third time only the rims were damaged, whereas in the first incident both the rim and the wheel had to be replaced. The consumer had experienced four more failures with the rims. Two of these failures were of original equipment; the other two were failures of the rims that replaced previously failed original equipment. In less that seven months with 11K miles, the vehicle experienced seven individual failures of the wheels and two failures of the tires.

- Akron, OH, USA